Excursion New Zealand is owned and operated in Auckland, New Zealand by Colin Mairs.
- At Excursion New Zealand we care passionately about life-enhancing travel experiences.
- We believe the travel is the best education you can give yourself and the best place to learn is on the road.
- We are committed to providing the highest level of care for our guests whilst you tour New Zealand.
- We are customer focussed and recognise that tourism is a people to people industry.
- Your interactions with other people will inevitably be the lasting memories of your visit to New Zealand.
Colin is a freelance professional tour guide, guiding in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
Colin has worked as a Rick Steves tour guide in Scotland since meeting Rick in Glasgow in 2013. He regularly returns to Scotland (during low-season in New Zealand, which is high season in Scotalnd) to conduct Rick Steves’ Best of Scotland tours. Rick Steves is
recognised in the USA as one of the leading authorities on European travel for Americans. Rick lives by the philosophy that if more people travel and get to know other cultures the world can be a better place. Colin strongly supports this philosophy and hopes to be able to provide Rick Steves style tours of New Zealand. This means going “through the back door“, enjoying real-life experiences and becoming a temporary local.
See Colin reciting a poem at Rick Steves’ house here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuBpPRIt9DA
© Excursion New Zealand 2018